Criminal Defense Attorneys in Lexington, KY
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, turn to Landon Law for the defense you deserve. At our firm, we work tirelessly to defend the reputations, livelihoods, and freedoms of the accused. Thousands have trusted complex and high-stakes cases with us, and we have delivered. In fact, we have a 90% case success rate. To find out what our Lexington criminal defense attorneys can offer you, reach out today. Initial consultations are free, so do not wait to schedule yours.
Have You Been Arrested in Lexington? Here Is What to Do.
There are two important steps to take after an arrest. First, remain calm and comply with law enforcement’s requests. Doing this can prevent a situation from escalating. However, you should exercise your right to remain silent. Refrain from speaking with any officers or the prosecution team unless you have consulted an attorney. To this point, seek the help of a defense lawyer as soon as possible. They can provide you with important direction at every step of the criminal process.
Six Advantages of Hiring a Defense Lawyer
During a criminal investigation or after an arrest, it is easy to feel confused about what to do and where to turn for help. One thing should be clear in these moments: hiring a defense attorney is advantageous.
Here is why:
- Legal Experience and Knowledge: Navigating a criminal case is difficult, especially for someone without experience. An attorney’s legal know-how can be a lifeline in crucial moments.
- Rights Protection: It is not uncommon for law enforcement, the prosecution, and others to violate a defendant’s rights. However, many might not know their rights or understand what constitutes a violation. A lawyer can identify and address discrepancies.
- Negotiation Skill: It is possible to settle a case before trial. A qualified lawyer can advocate for lesser charges and an optimal plea deal during negotiations.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: A savvy attorney can gather ample evidence, interview witnesses, consult pertinent experts, and challenge the prosecution’s arguments with a well-crafted defense.
- Support During a Difficult Time: Facing charges and potential penalties is stressful. An attorney can help ease the process by offering insights, answering questions, and addressing concerns.
- Sentencing Advocacy: After a conviction, a defense attorney’s job is not done. They can still advocate for a favorable sentence, appeal a decision, or work to expunge the conviction later on.
We value being easily accessible for each of our clients.
Work with an experienced and dedicated law firm on your case.
Our attorneys have over 25 years of combined experience with criminal defense cases.
Learn how our defense lawyers can help during a free consult.
"I would definitely recommend these fine gentlemen, and if I ever need a firm again they will be the first ones I call!"Very proficient and reliable law firm! They did a great job in answering all my questions, and getting back with me in a very timely manner!! They have your best interest in mind and not there to just do a job, they make you feel very welcoming and I felt I was in great hands which I was! They exceeded my expectations and got me the outcome I was wanting. I would definitely recommend these fine gentlemen, and if I ever need a firm again they will be the first ones I call!- Christa
"Very straight forward, honest, and knowledgeable."These guys really helped me out in a pinch! Very straight forward, honest, and knowledgeable. I have dealt with several attorneys through my company and Landon Law is at the top!
It certainly helps when the attorneys are respected in the courtroom and with the judicial staff and this law firm comes highly recommended for a reason!
I will certainly use this Law firm in the future!- Rusty
"Very understanding and responsive to questions, and straight forward! Would 1000% recommend to anyone."Charles and John both worked on my case together, both were always very open and communicative about my situation. Very understanding and responsive to questions, and straight forward! Also very respected in the court room. Any problem I ever had, they had the answers for my as far as my case goes. Would 1000% recommend to anyone, and I know if I ever need a lawyer in the Lexington/Richmond Area, that’s exactly who I’m going to.- Julian
At Landon Law, You Are Family
We treat clients just like we would treat our own families. This means being available in vital moments and laying it all on the line to achieve positive outcomes. After all, we know how much your rights and freedom mean to you and those you love.
If you are searching for a criminal defense attorney in Lexington, let our team be your first call. Our attorneys are certified criminal law specialists with 20+ years of practice combined. Their knowledge and skill are unparalleled. Paired with our office’s commitment to great client experiences, Landon Law is the clear choice for your defense.